PRIVACY & DATA
Last updated May 1, 2023
WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU COLLECT ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS?
- Information That You Provide: We collect information that you provide when you create an account, place an order, sign up to receive our emails or interact with us through our customer service channels.
HOW DO YOU USE CONTACT INFORMATION?
We use your contact information (meaning email address, and billing or shipping address) for the following purposes only:
- To help you create, manage and maintain your User Account, and to send you information about products, promotions, surveys, news and events that we think may interest you;
- To process and deliver purchases, returns, backorders, etc.;
- To send you security alerts, delivery notifications, and other administrative messages and to provide customer support;
HOW DO YOU USE OTHER CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
- To customize our Services and product offerings to suit your needs and interests;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities, and improve our Services and product offerings;
- To record purchases that you have made through our Services;
- To allow you to post comments and communicate with us through our Services, including on our social media pages;
- To protect against fraud and unauthorized transactions, including by identifying potential unauthorized users and/or hackers;
- To comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
DO YOU RETAIN MY PAYMENT DATA?
Payment processing for our store is exclusively processed through either PayPal or Stripe. We do not collect, process, or retain your payment data and it never passes through our web server.
HOW DO YOU SHARE CUSTOMER INFORMATION?
Your customer information is sometimes shared with carefully selected partners (e.g. Facebook) in order to enhance your shopping experience and to provide services to us. We also may share information about you in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain features on our Services. You may also manage, update and correct the information you provide as part of your online account by logging into your User Account.
If you would prefer not to receive marketing emails, simply click on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of any of those emails. If you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you other types of messages, such as purchase receipts, information about shipments, or emails about your account.
The information we collect about you may be transferred to, and accessed from within, the United States and other countries, as permitted by applicable law. These other countries may not offer the same level of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to maintain an adequate level of protection for this information in the jurisdictions in which we process it. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), please see the “Note to EEA Residents” section below.
If you have any concern about our privacy practices please contact us.
NOTICE OF CHANGES
NOTE TO EEA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding our processing of your personal data. Please see the sections below for more details.
Legal Basis for Processing
We will only process personal data about in accordance with the following legal basis:
- As necessary to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you. For example, by processing your order and delivering the products you purchase.
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, to communicate with you about changes to our Services or legal documents, to prevent fraud, or to provide, protect and improve our products and services.
- If we request your consent to a specific processing activity (such as to send marketing emails), and you provide your consent in the manner indicated.
- In some cases, processing will be necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, such as response to legal process requests.
Data Subject Requests
You have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that this data be corrected. In certain cases, you may also have the right to request that we erase data we are processing or to restrict or object to certain of our processing activities. You may also have the right to request that we provide you with the personal data you have provided us in a portable form for transmission to another controller’s service. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you may contact us as indicated above.
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, click here.
Some information is received and stored automatically whenever you interact with the Site. “Cookies” are one example of this type of information. In internet terms, a “cookie” is a text file that websites commonly send to visiting computers/devices to identify that visiting computer/device upon subsequent visits and to collect general usage data including statistical information. Other uses of Cookies include, for example:
- Allowing the Site to recognize your device so you don’t have to enter the same information repeatedly;
- Recognizing that you have a user name and/or password;
- Allowing us to better understand how you are using the Services and/or Site to maximize efficiency and ensure sufficient capacity for quick delivery;
We do not recommend turning Cookies off as this may prevent you from using certain aspects of the Service and/or the Site.